Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair Review
Product name: Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair-Repairs corrupt/inaccessible Outlook PST files to recover valuable Outlook data
If you use Microsoft Outlook™, it stores all your data, such as email messages, notes, contacts, and folders on your hard drive as a .pst file. If, somehow this .pst file gets damaged, you won't be able to get your data back! There is a free tool available called scanpst.exe but it cannot recover your data if it exceeds 2 GB (oddly enough, Outlook allows your .pst file to be as big as 20 GB)! This is where the Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair tool comes in! It supports all versions of Microsoft Outlook™, including Outlook XP, Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007!
* Corrupt/Damaged PST RepairCorrupt/Damaged PST Repair
* Deleted E-mail RecoveryDeleted E-mail Recovery
* Encrypted PST RecoveryEncrypted PST Recovery
* Selective RecoverySelective Recovery
* Detailed Preview of mailsDetailed Preview of mails
* Repair PST files larger than 2 GB
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the product's ACTUAL customers:
* The software is not as fast as advertised; however, it works better than others! For a .pst file that is more than 2GB in size, the software takes around 2-3 hours to fix and repair it. Thanks to the Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair tool, I can once again start using Outlook!
* I had a corrupt .pst file of more than 4 GB. Outlookfix failed to fix it, but this software managed to restore it to its original state! The interface is also quite easy to work with!
* Excellent software that is easy to use with a newbie-friendly GUI and decent customer service! It worked for me! There is a demo version that allows you to preview the emails that would be restored, but in order to actually restore those emails, you MUST pay for the full version of the software!
* Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair tool is an excellent software that delivers exactly what it promises. It helped me get my Outlook data back! On top of that, their tech support is also quite nice. I had a few questions about this tool and they replied to them all quite promptly!
* This tool was expensive but in spite of that, I decided to bite the bullet and purchased it. It worked like a charm!
* This software developer is a con-artist from all the angles. First, they ask for $129 to fix your outlook data which, although too much money, would have been worth it if the tool actually worked as promised! However, not only it failed to recover all of my Outlook data, but also, it recovered some of the emails I had previously deleted! This is just annoying to say the least!
* This product was a waste of my money and the customer support sucks. The developer promises full refund in case I don't get my Outlook data back, but it does not look like I would be getting my refund! Don't waste your time on it!
* I installed it on the system of my customer and it said that the license is non-transferrable! Well, in that case it was surely a waste of my money!
* After I got a 1x00CCCC0B kind of error from Microsoft Outlook, I installed this software. After spending 4-5 hours on it, I found out that the .pst file "recovered" by this software was itself corrupt, even though my input was fine. It reported 34 deleted emails from Outbox, and the recovered emails in the Sent box did not have any timestamp! Later I realized that the .pst file was not the issue. A simple system restore fixed Outlook!
Anyway, when I asked for a refund they refused to give me any! Thankfully, Amex took care of that!
* This software is a total scam! First it offers you a "free" version that takes a long time to scan your corrupt .pst file, and then asks for $129 in order to recover the emails, a fact that the developer hides in the "free" version. AVOID!
* The "free to try" is a a blatant lie. The free version simply shows you all the emails this tool would recover, but in reality, you cannot really "try" the product for free when it asks for the full price in order to restore the emails! Worse, it won't even work on 64-bit systems. Wish I knew it earlier! I would not be doing business with this company again!
* There is nothing "free" about it. You cannot really try it even once without paying for it! Skip it; the developer is charging too much money!
* I hate the "bait and switch" tactic adopted by this developer. After spending 20 hours on getting my corrupt .pst file scanned by this software, when I tried to save the restored emails I was asked to pay the full price. This kind of false advertisement is not at all good for the reputation of your company! I have zero idea if your product even works or not, but I am definitely not going to spend that kind of money just to "test" it! Overall, it was a waste of time for me!
* This product does not work as advertised. It only recovers your emails; it DOES NOT recover your notes, calendars, tasks, etc. On top of that, its customer support is just plain horrible. I sent one email to them and it got transferred through several departments, as a result of which, I was asked the same questions over and over again. If you want a refund, you have to prove to them that you actually ran the demo version of the software before purchasing the full version! This is beyond ridiculous!
* This program lures you into the trap of downloading the "free" version, then it takes control of your files and holds them hostage until you buy the full version. It is like they are saying: "If you want to see your data back, PAY UP!" Anyway, I purchased the software but the stupid demo block refuses to go! I uninstalled the program and would like to reinstall it, but WITHOUT going through that "demo" process again. Tried calling customer support but all I got was a voice mail. I hate it! This company not only fails to deliver according to its promise, but is also deceptive to the core!
* I am trying to recover the corrupt .pst file of a friend using the scanpst.exe, but that failed me. I tried two other tools, including Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair software, but they too failed to recover the Outlook data. Can anyone suggest a better program that actually works?
I think that the gripe of most of the negative reviewers is regarding the offering of the "free" demo version of this software on CNET as a "free to try" download. Well, in reality the demo just allows you to preview the "recoverable data" rather than actually recovering it for you! The developer does state on their website that: "Free download of the product allows you to preview all the recoverable mail items. To save those items, you need to purchase the software."
However, on CNET's website, the developer says that the software is "free to try" which is certainly misleading! Had the developer even hinted at the fact that it is actually a "demo" rather than a fully-functioning "free trial", I don't think he would have received as much flak.
Now on to the actual program: I agree that it is pretty expensive, but if you value your Outlook data, I think it is worth the money spent. Judging from the user reviews, it seems buying this software is like a gamble: you may just get lucky and recover all your data back, or you may not! Also, note that you would be able to recover only your Outlook emails with this software, and that it does not work with 64-bit systems!
On another note, a quick Google search did not bring me anything other than the typical fake "review" sites setup by this company's affiliates; the actual user reviews for this software are mostly negative, as you can see from the screenshots below!
I am not recommending it, but if you decide to buy it from some other site, here are some tips for you. Firstly, I would suggest you make the purchase with a credit card, rather than PayPal. If for some reason the software fails to work for you, and you want a refund, I would suggest contacting the reseller directly in case the product developer does not respond in a timely manner!
Link to the Reseller's Customer care center:
If the above link fails, try contacting DigitalRiver directly:
If both of them fail you, you can contact your credit card company for help!
Oddly enough, this company approached me for writing a review, otherwise I would not have even known about this software! Anyway, they would surely be disappointed when they find out that I am NOT recommending it! Case is closed!
Oh by the way, I sent as couple of questions to the company when it asked me to review their product. It has been almost 2 days and I have got no response from them, yet…! I will let you know in case they respond, though I highly doubt they would!
Download File Size: 4.46MB
About Stellar Information Systems Limited:
Stellar Information Systems Limited is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company specializing in data recovery and data protection services and solutions. The company was established in 1993 by a group of technocrat professionals and has since expanded to new offices and labs in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Noida, Pune and Vashi.. With over a decade of experience in this field, Stellar has established itself as a market leader with a proven track record. Stellar has over 1,000,000 satisfied customers across 137 countries.
Stellar's Data Recovery Solutions encompasses a wide range of software for almost any data loss situation ranging from accidental formats to virus attacks to software malfunctions. Most major Operating Systems are supported including Windows, Macintosh, UNIX, Linux, and Novell. Additional data recovery solutions include recovery from CD-ROM's, Digital Media Recovery (such as digital pictures or music files), and E-mail recovery. Stellar also provides data protection, data backup, and data eraser software.
Stellar's Data Recovery Services provides personalized inspection of damaged storage media such as Hard Disks. Trained personnel inspect corrupt storage media and then recover lost data using techniques ranging from low-level dismantling/repairing of the disk to intensive usage of data recovery software. Stellar is equipped with Class-100 Clean Room facility to ensure effective recovery even in cases of media that is severely damaged.
Stellar also provides services on computer forensics to various law enforcement agencies. The company provides 'Electronic Discovery' services that help these agencies to quickly & cost effectively look for data that can be used as evidence in criminal cases & economic offences.
The superior R & D and the highly trained professionals are the driving factors behind the company's huge success. Stellar has an impressive clientele database of customers which bears testimony to this fact. Our noteworthy clients are Bharti, BP, BSNL, CBI, Hero Honda, Maruti, RBI, Reliance, SBI, VSNL, Wipro, Cisco Systems, Citibank, Coca-Cola, Erricson, Honda, KPMG, L&T, McDonalds, Motorola, Pepsi, Ray-Ban, Samsung, and other such organizations.
Stellar's work has been recognized and certified by various associations. Some of the awards that Stellar has received over the years are Best Software (awarded at Compass – IT exhibition), PC World Editor's Choice Award, Best Data Recovery Software Vendor (Techies Award), and so on. Stellar's products have also been reviewed by many magazine such as PC Magazine, PC Update, Chip and eminent websites such as CRN Test Center, Tucows, Program Junction, Softpile, BrotherSoft, 5Cup, and many other such groups and received five-star certification from them.
MANUFACTURER CONTACT INFORMATION:
Suite 205, 1876 Route 27, Edison, New Jersey 08817, USA
Sales Queries: +1-877-778-6087 (Tollfree)
Support Queries: +1-732-584-2700
Best Time to Call: None Available
Fax: None Available
Community Support: None Available
MANUFACTURER TERMS AND POLICIES:
Terms of Service: http://www.stellarinfo.com/company/legal/legal-notice.htm
Refund Policy: http://www.stellarinfo.com/pdf/refund-policy.pdf
Most of the above information regarding this product has been collected by us through various sources (apart from the information offered on company's website), such as: