TurboTax Deluxe Federal Review
Product name: TurboTax Deluxe Federal + E-file + State 2011 for PC [Download]
TurboTax is what you need in order to manage your taxes efficiently, as well as for getting the tax deductions you rightfully deserve!
* Finds All Tax Deductions and Credits You Deserve to Get Your Biggest Refund
* Maximizes Your Tax Deductions
* Looks for Deduction Opportunities as You Go
* Gets You the Maximum Deduction for Donations
* Feel Confident Your Taxes Are Done Right
* Handles Your Life Changes
* Helps with Medical Expenses
* Helps You Reduce Audit Risk
* Tracks Your Audit Risk
* Includes Downloadable Audit Support Center
* Does the Hard Work for You
* Asks Easy Questions, Tailored to You
* Automatically Fills in W-2 and 1099 Info
* Transfers Last Year’s Tax Info
* Imports a PDF of Last Year's Tax Return
* Imports Your Financial Data
* Makes it Easy to Hold Your Place
* Get FREE one-on-one expert tax advice, live by phone or chat.
* Straightforward Guidance & Advice
* Explains Your Return
* FREE Technical Support
* Spots Errors and Shows How to Fix Them
* Smart Check™ Scans for Mistakes
* Smart Check double-checks your return for errors, so you can be confident your taxes are done right.
* Guaranteed Accurate Calculations
* Keeps You Up-to-Date with the Latest Tax Laws
* Shows Your Tax Refund in Real Time
* Federal Efile Included
* New Options to Get Your Refund Fast
* Guides you step by step to get your maximum refund
* Automatically double-checks your return for errors
* Includes Audit Risk Meter which helps you reduce your chance of an audit
* Includes Free Federal E-File
* Plus, includes a download of one TurboTax State product
* Free one-on-one expert tax advice live by phone or chat
* Includes Free Federal E-File and one download of a TurboTax State product
Windows Vista / 7 / XP
Media: Software Download
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the product's ACTUAL customers:
* This program works fine for me. I did not have any issues installing it either!
* I have been a longtime user of TurboTax and trust it with calculating and filing my tax returns efficiently. There are some bugs in this software version for sure, but unlike what some other reviewers have suggested, this is no reason to hold off your purchase, especially when the price is still fair!
* I have been a beta tester of TurboTax's 2011 version. Some users are complaining about the several bugs this software has, and I agree with them; in fact, I would like to add that it has even more important bugs to fix. However, these bugs are not affecting me right now, so I have no trouble recommending it to you!
* I have read a lot of negative reviews about the recent update of TurboTax. I had disabled automatic update in my installation, and quite frankly, after reading the bad reviews, I was a bit hesitant about upgrading. Anyway, I took the plunge and the update worked without a hitch! I was also able to import my 2010 files into it successfully! So far, no issues at all!
* I have been using Turbotax for 8 years and love it for its simplicity. In fact, it has gotten only better over the years! 2 years ago, I had a lot of trouble with the software, but this version works flawlessly!
* Turbotax is extremely easy to use. I have been using it for the last 15 years. It imported my last year's data without a problem!
* I love my Turbotax! I cannot say enough good things about its user-friendliness and ease of use. I can't do my taxes at all without Turbotax!
* This program works well. I downloaded and installed it and my taxes are done without a hitch. However, there is a catch. When I started to file my tax returns, I was asked for a $19.95 charge to e-file my state return!
* Although it has a few flaws, Turbotax has been steadily improving over the years. This version is not perfect but enough for my needs. I tried a competing product and the interface was so horrible that I returned to Turbotax! I would be using Turbotax to file my 2012 tax returns as well!
* Turbotax is indeed a great time saver for me. It was able to import data from major financial institutions without any issue, which I really liked! The customer support staff was also very patient and friendly when I contacted them with my questions and problems!
* Till date, I used to install TurboTax from a CD. Only this time, I decided to make an exception and buy the downloadable version instead! Quite frankly, it did not work! Thankfully Amazon would be refunding my money so that I could purchase the CD version instead! If you are not technically-oriented, I suggest that you DO NOT buy the downloadable version!
* I had used another program in the past but decided to use Turbotax this year! Big mistake! Although Intuit claims that TurboTax is able to import data from other tax programs, it is just not true! In short, if you switch from another software, and your data is basic, Turbotax would work fine; however, in case of more complicated data, it crashes! Eventually, I went back to my old software and asked Turbotax to give me a refund!
* I have been using Turbotax successfully for over 20 years! However, my install CD bought me here to buy the update, and it just won't install on my PC running on Windows XP professional! Turbotax has promised a fix for this, but there is no way to fix the program if the software refuses to install! Shame on you, Intuit!
* I agree with others that it is best to hold off its purchase until the program gets fixed. I used the new version of TurboTax and it miscalculated even a basic calculation! From now on, I would not trust any of its calculations!
* I have been using Turbo Tax for years but this new version won't install on my computer at all! When contacted, the tech support advised me to return the product to the retailer I purchased from, in order to receive a full refund. Wow, what a solution indeed!
* I have been using Turbo Tax for years but this year I would make the exception by using some other product! I installed Turbo Tax on my PC running on Windows 7 but the program said that a font was missing. I contacted tech support who instructed me to uninstall and reinstall the whole thing, but even that did not fix my issue! I am now returning the product for a FULL refund! This is really a very bad service!
* This devil would not install on my Windows 7 computer and generated "offline install errors"! It seems that the root of the problem was that I did not have the Microsoft .NET Framework installed on my computer, and TT unsuccessfully tried to install it. If you already have the framework installed, this software would most probably work for you! I am still trying to figure who to return it for a refund!
* When I tried to retrieve my son's tax returns, the program crashed! Bottom line, TurboTax may fail you when you need it the most! On their support site, this is listed as a "known issue" but without any solution yet! Until the company offers a fix, we are in dead water!
* I tried to install it and encountered an Unknown Software Exception 0x40000015 error! I searched through the help forum of Intuit and found out that many other users were having the same problem!
* If Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 is not already installed on your system, TurboTax 2011 would try to install it. TURN OFF the Microsoft Security Essentials to avoid any troubles! I am on Windows XP Service Pack 3!
* First, TurboTax 2011 forced me to uninstall TurboTax 2010. Since then, every time I download the 2011 version, it tries to install the 2010 version. This is a piece of junk and a waste of money. I DO NOT recommend it!
* This program seems to work good on my old laptop running on Windows XP, but refuses to install on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit computer! After trying to install it several times, I gave up! I sent several emails to customer support but am yet to get any reply from them! Although I have been a long time TurboTax user, I don't feel like recommending it to anyone anymore!
* I found out that in order to install Turbotax 2011 successfully on a Windows XP PC, you also need to have the Microsoft Net Framework 4 installed. However, the net framework slowed down my reboot time! System restore failed to help me, so ultimately I had to reformat the whole hard drive and reinstall all my programs one by one which was a time-consuming task! Thankfully Amazon offered me full refund!
* This software used to be really helpful until now, when it asked me to pay a $19.95 fee to file the state return. I don't think it costs them that much to e-file the return! This is a total rip-off! Buyer beware! All this software does is to download the state form for free!
* I started using Turbotax since last year and it was very helpful. I did have one question last year which the customer support never answered but I managed to find the answer on my own. This year, I was unable to log into their system because the software would not recognize any of my login credentials anymore! I tried their chat support but got no help.
This company makes it incredibly difficult for customers to contact them in case of a problem. The only options you have is to take a call or chat, both of which seems to be useless for me. Intuit's customer support is the worst I have ever encountered! I am able to do my taxes on my own; I opted to use Turbotax purely for the sake of convenience, but it seems it is not at all convenient anymore, so I won't be using it any further!
* TurboTax claims to be able import your data from other softwares such as H&R Block or TaxACT! While this might be true for Windows users, it fails to import anything if you are on a Mac. So Mac users, beware of using TurboTax if you are switching from another tax program!
* This is my third year of TurboTax's usage and until this year, I was really happy with it. This year, it forced me to update to the new version, after which it slapped me with a $19.95 fee for filing the state returns! This made me angry, and even in spite of making the payment, I could not file my returns! Getting in touch with a customer support representative in order to voice your complaint or ask for a refund is next to impossible! I would neither use it again nor recommend it to anyone else. I wish I had paid heed to the reviewers who said there are still bugs to be fixed!
* TurboTax 2011 introduces a new behavior in which its sends back your financial information as well as technical details about your computer without informing you! The installation warns you of the same but offers no way to opt out! You can still opt-out of it through an option buried under the "help" menu, but you would not even know about it unless someone tells you!
Bottom line, if you value your privacy, then AVOID TurboTax 2011 at all costs! Boo to Intuit for not informing its users about this data collection stuff in advance!
* I bought TurboTax because it says it can run on Windows XP. Well, turns out that it would run only on 32-bit systems. If your system is 64-bit like mine, then you are out of luck! Only after much searching did I find out that TurboTax does not support Windows XP 64-but systems! Now, I hope that Amazon gives me my money back!
Filing tax returns is a headache and time-consuming procedure in itself; this program just seems to add to the stress with its numerous bugs. Why waste your precious time on an unreliable software that does not even work properly from the get-go? NOT recommended. I think it is much better to file your taxes manually, or hire someone to do it for you!
What? Still reading? You go to be kidding me! AVOID this crapware at all costs, but feel free to buy me a little beer as a way of thanking me for this review! :)
Download File Size: 85MB
No Packaging, No Shipping, No Waiting: There is no shipping or packaging required for this electronic software download, reducing its environmental footprint.
Intuit: Going Beyond Innovation
As the world evolves, so do we. Yet we remain driven by our passion for inventing solutions to solve important problems, perfecting those solutions and delighting our customers.
MANUFACTURER CONTACT INFORMATION:
2632 Marine Way
Mountain View, CA 94043
Best Time to Call: None Available
Fax: None Available
Email: None Available
Community Support: https://ttlc.intuit.com/app/full_page/
Sold by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.